DARKNESS LOOMS

"Darkness Looms"

by

James Patrick Lockett



Darkness looms,

an ever increasing pitch

that threatens to envelope

my mind, my heart, my soul.



Deeper,

falling deeper into that

cavernous void;

a step further into the wood

that shields my surroundings

from ever light.


I hold my breath,

as if it were the last thing I own,

my last link to the light,

as wings wrap themselves around my eyes.

Not the wings of angels,

they are the darkness.


Tight, they close off all that I know.

I reach out for some unknown gate,

touching the latch, I release my last

breath,

and give in to the void,



Copyright 2013. All Rights Reserved.  Printed here by permission.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Think You're Happy Enough! I'm Gonna Make You Happy. . .

"The Special"

THIS IS NO LAUGHING MATTER