Social Justice? Apparently, it depends...

So, the Rev. Billy Graham is now urging North Carolina voters to support the pending constitutional amendment that would define marriage as a union between a man and a woman - according to "the Bible's clear definition of marriage." I've been to North Carolina, clear definitions are not their strong suit, but I digress. . . Graham, now 93 and on his last leg (pictured here with civil rights leader, Martin Luther King, Jr) may not have invented televangelism arena, but definately molded it into his own image, and still possesses a world-wide following. And this is what he chooses for, what will no doubt be, his final request? It's almost enough to make me start to praying. Dear God!!! Can't tell you how happy I am that my Grandmother sent him money each and every week, because "Billy needs money." Nice to see the it was a solid investment. I just have one question - and I know, I've asked this before - but what is the Christian community so fucking afraid of? It is SO hard to find someone in this screwed up world that you love and that you know loves you back; and there is no one out there who has the right to question that. This is an issue of love, not one of hate or fear. A concept that I think Jesus quite fond of. Isn't it the whole basis of Christianity? I think the sooner the Christian community remembers what their savior stood for, the better off the world will be. Hell, for that matter, the same goes for the Muslims with what Mohammed stood for - I figure while I'm pissing people off, I might as well cover all my bases. So let's all just take a moment on the whole gay marriage issue and remember three things: it does not have an impact on you personally; be happy that your neighbor is happy (that goes a long way toward getting along); and mind you own business (that goes even further on the getting along train). Now, get out there and live...and learn. And for the record, there is only one Bill Graham worth taking advice from...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THIS IS NO LAUGHING MATTER

"The Special"

CHEMO SABE????