ENOUGH!

Enough.

That is a word I’ve used a lot the past two years. It fit an array of emotions.  But, it is also a goal.

The writer C. K. Chesterton said, “There are two ways to get enough: One is to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.”  I seek a happiness that holds few possessions. Less is enough.  I still struggle to embrace the knowledge that physical possessions are not permanent. . .and as another move looms on the horizon, I find myself again considering the impermanence of these things. Yet there are some things I desire - possessions that lend themselves to happiness (see photo) - hence the struggle.

Yesterday, I ventured out in the world. . .ew, the world, right?. . . armed with a few extra shekels in my pocket and the hope of treating myself to a little something, something.  Only to find my favorite vintage clothing shop is now boarded up. The local museum shop is charging local museum shop prices for an exhibit poster I thought I wanted. Even the two Taco places stumbled across were closed. At the end of the day, the bounty proved the ultimate example of impermanence - a coffee, dark chocolate, and a Sunday New York Times. Consumable possessions that will be gone in a day, but it was enough.

 

This morning,

The sun is bright through the window

Deceiving me, blinding me

As the wind thrashes about the smaller trees

Suggesting a chill that the sun

Does not allow.

And as is always the case

I sit here, coffee in hand

It is hot

And it is enough. 


SOON!!! Summer is coming!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THIS IS NO LAUGHING MATTER

"The Special"

CHEMO SABE????