O' Rooster, Where Art Thou.


It has been a while, but to be honest I haven't had anything to say. But the blogging adventure is back- for now.

So what bee has worked it's way under my perverbial bonnet today? I hear you ask. . .

Well, in the wake of Jeff Bridges long overdue Oscar win, comes the news that after the long awaited TRON sequel, the Dude's next project will be a remake of the John Wayne classic True Grit. Yes, the Dude will be playing Marshal Reuben J. Cogburn. Now I love Jeff Bridges, great actor (and great guy,I had the pleasure of meeting him years ago on the set of Starman) and he more than capable of pulling this off, with a long history of westerns (my fav being Heaven's Gate) – but the project is being written and helmed by the Coen Brothers. No Country for Old Marshals? O Rooster, Where Art Thou? I think I have a problem with this. Can the Coen's adapt Charles Portis' novel (which is very close to the original film) without taking it too far afield? Can they direct a western without feeding Ned Pepper into a wood chipper? I look forward to seeing Roger Deakins cinematography; I'm okay with Barry Pepper playing Ned Pepper; with Josh Brolin taking on Robert Duvall's role; even casting Matt Damon as Texas Ranger LaBoeuf maintains the acting quality that Glen Campbell brought to the original. So that just leaves the Coen Brothers and just have one thing to say. . .Joel, Ethan. . .fill your hands you son-of-a-bitch.

I'll be in my office, on the phone with my lawyer, J. Nobel Daggett.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THIS IS NO LAUGHING MATTER

"The Special"

CHEMO SABE????